Feta & Brussels Sprouts Salad
This Brussels sprouts salad is simple yet packed with flavor. The elegant shaved sprouts are blended with roasted sprouts and tossed with Bulgarian feta cheese. Look for the cheese at grocery stores with a large cheese selection such as Holiday Market in Royal Oak. Bulgarian feta is made from sheep's milk. The texture is creamier than Greek feta and the flavor profile is tangier. Finally, the salad is finished with a soft white balsamic vinegar-based vinaigrette. Don't skip this or use the dark balsamic, which would overpower the tender Brussels sprouts and feta.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 735
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 84g
Saturated Fat 17g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 15g
Monounsaturated Fat 47g
Total Carbohydrates 54g
Dietary Fiber 11g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1/2 cup Brussels sprouts, shaved and roasted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, ends removed, shaved
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 ounces Bulgarian feta
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the 1/2 cup shaved Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Drizzle with a few drops of olive oil and toss to coat. Roast about 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the roasted and regular Brussels sprouts, raisins, feta, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and pine nuts. Gently toss to coat. Serve.