Sautéed Broccoli and Mushrooms
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 17g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrates 41g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced shallot
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Slivered & toasted almonds or toasted cashews
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and shallots to pan; sauté 10 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Stir in sherry; cook 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring frequently.
- Add broccoli and salt to pan; stir well.
- Stir in broth & red pepper flakes; bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Stir in black pepper, if using, and toasted slivered almonds or toasted cashews.