Shrimp Mushroom Pasta
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil (I used half of this amount)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, saute mushrooms and onion in oil in a large skillet until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the shrimp, broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in the tomatoes, 1/4 cup cheese and butter. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
- I tried this and it is DEEl-lish. I used half as much oil as it called for.