Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 15g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 59g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 large cucumber (hothouse if desired), washed, cut in half, seeded
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon of dried dill)
- If using dried dill, mix yogurt and dill. Place yogurt into strainer lined with cheese cloth or coffee filter. Let it sit overnight. Shred cucumber, toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt, place in strainer like the yogurt.
- When ready to serve, combine the strained yogurt with cucumber, lemon juice, garlic and fresh dill (if using). Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
- Created by Julie Fromm, RD, for Heart Smart and tested by Susan M. Selasky for the Free Press Test Kitchen. Analysis per 1/4 cup. 56 calories (32% from fat), 2 grams fat (0 grams sat. fat, 0 grams trans fat), 7 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams protein, 44 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 124 mg calcium, 1 gram fiber. Food exchanges: 1/2 milk.