Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 90g
Dietary Fiber 40g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 jicama diced into cubes
- Chopped onion
- Chopped bell peppers
- Chopped hot pepper
- Finely chopped garlic
- Salt (for jicama)
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Sometimes I use Italian seasoning
- Buy jicama with an unblemished, unbroken skin, one that seems heavy for its size since jicama is mostly water.
- Wash and cut the skin of the jicama off with a knife.
- Dice jicama into cubes and toss in a bowl with salt and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add in the onion, peppers, and garlic.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes and then add seasonings to taste, but don't be shy.
- Continue sautéing another 2-3 minutes.
- Dry salted jicama with a paper towel and add into the skillet.
- Sauté jicama with the other ingredients as desired.
- Once the jicama is heated through, the dish is ready.