Portabella Steaks with Balsamic Shallots
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 379
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 43g
Saturated Fat 6g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 30g
Total Carbohydrates 99g
Dietary Fiber 18g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 6 whole Portobello mushrooms (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 cups choppeds shallots
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp cloth or soak to clean.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop. If desired, use a teaspoon to remove the fanned "gills" under the cab.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until softened.
- Stir together remaining ingredients in a small bowl and add to the pan.
- Bring to a simmer, then add the mushrooms and chopped stems.
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Serve the steaks hot with the pan sauce spooned over.