Ham & Cheese Quiche
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄ 4 cup half & half
- 1 cup ham, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 5oz frozen spinach (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Press pie crust into 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom, tucking excess pie crust down the sides. Pierce well with a fork. Freeze for at least 15 minutes.
- While pie crust is in the freezer, whisk together the eggs, half & half, ham and cheese. Set aside.
- Remove pie crust from freezer. Line the frozen pie crust with crumpled parchment paper and fill with dried beans or another type of pie weights. Bake at 450°F for 25 minutes.
- Remove the parchment paper and dried beans. If any cracks have formed, brush with some of the egg/half & half custard. Return crust to the 450°F oven for another 5 minutes or until the bottom of the crust is lightly browned.
- Reduce oven heat to 375° F. Pour ham and cheese filling into prepared pie crust.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes, or until quiche is nice and puffy.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with minced fresh